Forensic & Compliance Services
With more and more crimes and criminal acts such as suspected of disloyalty by employees, corruption, data theft, espionage, cyber-crime data or other serious economic offenses, digital evidence play an important role in educating. With an experienced team of digital forensic and forensic data analysts, we support companies in securing, analysis, processing and judicial utilization this digital evidence. We also advise our clients with our know-how in matters of possible preventive measures.
Forensic accounting is the identification and detailed investigation of suspicious business transactions to identify fraudulent cash flows, financial statement manipulations and other irregularities in an organization’s accounting system. The investigation entails not only an economic analysis of the corporate accounting system but also close scrutiny from a criminal perspective.
Compliance Due Diligence in M&A transactions
An effective compliance management system serves to secure the company's success. Therefore, the establishment and effectiveness of compliance management systems to be questioned even during the preparation of corporate transactions. For potential sellers, this results in the obligation to give prospective buyers in this respect proper information. Buyers scrutinize specific measures taken and possible risks.
The growing complexity of international eDiscovery process provides for many companies is a challenge. In order to satisfy the obligation to submit, without revealing significant for the litigation documents, the stored files must be pre-spotted and identified. Given the amount of enterprise data, this represents a time- and resource-consuming challenge. We support companies in the data review, therefore, assurance and evaluation and allow our clients to focus on their core business.
Our services include the identification, safeguarding, analysis, evaluation and documentation of evidence on data carriers as well as support in the implementation of these processes. We draw on our expertise in the fields of File Carving, Mobile Forensics, Cloud Forensics and Memory Forensics, and ensure the full picture of a disk.
Smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices are now commonplace companion and contain important data. Mobilforensischer means hardware and software can be extracted this data (eg. Contacts, call logs, SMS, messages from messaging services). Depending on your system, different transaction data (eg. From photos, emails, passwords, notes, temporary files of installed applications) can be extracted and used for forensic analysis.
Businesses and individuals are increasingly using cloud services (eg. Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive) as a backup storage or for sharing data. Although no direct access exists to the accounts of these services, of seized data carriers can still be accessed local copies. Partly it can be determined by the contents of the local cache, which data were indicated at the time of securing the cloud.
Like it to help you, our experts:
Mag. Thomas Jungreithmeir
Leitung M&A, Restructuring & Turnaround
+43 (0)1 890 30 32-200
- Mehr als 25 Jahre Beratungserfahrung
- seit 08/2010 Senior Partner TJP, davor mehr als 8 Jahre Partner bei KPMG, Leiter des Restrukturierungs- Bereiches bei KPMG sowie zuletzt Leiter des M&A-Bereiches bei KPMG
- bis 02/2014 CEO eines Energieunternehmens
- Vorstand von ReTurn–Forum für Restrukturierung
- Projekte: Finanzielle & operative Restrukturierung, IPO’s, Merger & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Venture Capital Transaktionen, Due Diligences
- Branchen: Energiewirtschaft, Konsum- & Investitionsgüterindustrie, Bau- & Immobilienwirtschaft, Dienstleistungsunternehmen
- Studium der Betriebswirtschaftslehre an der WU-Wien, CTE, Steuerberater, Unternehmensberater
Mag. Felix Klier
+43 (0)1 890 30 32
- since 2003 in the field of forensic accounting
- Since 2007, Managing Partner of working in the fields of IT Forensics & Mobile Forensics company
- CIA—Certified Internal Auditor, CFE—Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Physical Cellebrite analyst
- Studied business administration at the Vienna University, Management Consultant
Dr. Hubert Cussigh
+43 (0)676 560 40 93
- Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter einer Wirtschaftsprüfungskanzlei
- Vorstand zweier Privatstiftungen
- Rechnungsprüfer des IWP und des WU-Alumni Club
- Doktorat der Rechtswissenschaften
- Wirtschaftsprüfer, Steuerberater